Karmic Connection with Amitabha Buddha
- Your knowledge, wisdom, cultivation … are all irrelevant as far as rebirth is concerned. The only factor is your karmic connection with Amitabha Buddha.
- Recitation of Amitabha’s name is not a practice or cultivation; rather, it is to strengthen our karmic connection with Amitabha Buddha. Master Shandao said: Amitabha-reciters and Amitabha Buddha are linked by the karma of intimacy, the karma of closeness and augmentative karma (cause).
- Reciting Amitabha’s name billions of times simply brings our unfamiliar and estranged heart closer to the Buddha.
- What matters to Amitabha is your karmic connection with him; whether you are wise or ignorant, kind or evil is inconsequential. Don’t think otherwise.
- People connect with each other through many means: money, knowledge, wisdom, or good deeds. But can we connect with the Buddha in the same ways?
- We can’t reach the Buddha other than through a karmic connection.
- Karmic connection is unfathomable, surpassing everything.
- For the average Joe, rubbing shoulders with the President of the United States is almost impossible, let alone taking a stroll or living with him. Yet, his pet dog can do just that. Not because it’s wise or contributes anything, but simply because it shares a karmic bond with him.
(Translated by the Pure Land School Translation Team;
edited by Householder Fojin)
Faith in, and acceptance of, Amitabha’s deliverance
Single-minded recitation of Amitabha’s name
Aspiration to rebirth in Amitabha’s Pure Land
Comprehensive deliverance of all sentient beings